Terrorism probe launched after Dakar blast

News

French prosecutors have launched a terrorism investigation after a French vehicle involved in a stage of the Dakar Rally in Saudi Arabia last week exploded, injuring one of the competitors.

In a statement on Tuesday, the prosecutors said the explosion happened on Dec. 30 in the Saudi city of Jeddah. It said five French nationals had been in the vehicle at the time of the blast.

French news outlet FranceInfo reported on Jan. 1 that an explosion hit a support vehicle being used by the French rally team Sodicars.

Citing race director David Castera, FranceInfo said the explosion happened as the support vehicle left the team hotel to head to the start of the race stage.

It said Philippe Boutron, co-driver of the team’s race car, suffered a serious leg injury and had to be hospitalised.

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

Old Jeeps Restored and Offroading! | Roadkill Garage | MotorTrend
2013 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Hot Lap! – 2013 Best Driver’s Car Contender
Roadkill Garage S5 Ep 59 FULL EPISODE – Pontiac T-37 Handling Upgrade Frustration | MotorTrend
Hasn’t Run In Years! ’60s Dune Buggy Rebuild | Roadkill Garage | MotorTrend
John Cena’s Engine Swapped MG | Texas Metal #shorts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.